Sony Confirms All 2021 4K, 8K OLED and LED TV Costs
Immediately, we’ve received all of it — from its entry-level X80J 4K HDR LED TV to its ultrahigh decision Z9J 8K HDR LED TV — and naturally, its attractive 4K OLED fashions too.
As you’re wanting by all of the specs — and there are tons on these TVs — one factor to bear in mind is that although they’ll all help variable refresh price (VRR) by the top of the 12 months through a firmware replace, proper now that characteristic isn’t turned on.
Listed here are all the small print:
2021 Bravia XR Grasp Sequence Z9J Full Array 8K Google TV
Need Sony’s highest-resolution TV? The Bravia XR Grasp Sequence Z9J is right here to ship, in two sizes: 75 and 85 inches.
Sony can also be gracing all of its flagship TVs with a brand new suite of processing applied sciences beneath the “XR” moniker. Main the XR tech is Sony’s Cognitive Processor XR, which it claims can “perceive how people see and listen to to ship intense distinction with pure blacks, excessive peak brightness, and pure colours.”
In the meantime, XR HDR Remaster takes an object-oriented method to enhancing photographs, adjusting the hue, saturation, brightness, and movement vector for every on-screen object.
Sony throws just about all of its different top-tier tech on the Z9J, together with XR Sound, which makes use of frame-based tweeters and front-firing subwoofers to create a digital 3D encompass sound impact with out the necessity for added audio system.
You get Google Assistant in-built, and you’ll summon the A.I. hands-free as a substitute of urgent the button on the distant. With Android TV, you get the brand new Google TV content-curation interface plus Chromecast, so you may stream from Android telephones and tablets.
Apple’s AirPlay 2 and HomeKit are additionally embedded for full help for iPhones, iPads, and Macs, and the Apple TV app is obtainable too, so you may entry all of your bought iTunes content material and subscribe to Apple TV+ for those who need.
- 85-inch Z9J: $10,000, accessible for pre-order in summer time 2021
- 75-inch Z9J: $8,000, accessible for pre-order in summer time 2021
2021 Bravia XR Grasp Sequence A90J 4K OLED TV
For 2021, Sony has upped its OLED sport significantly with the Grasp Sequence A90J, a 4K OLED TV that has elevated brightness and distinction when in comparison with the corporate’s 2020 lineup.
Together with the brand new XR applied sciences, Sony has moved into full help for HDMI 2.1, together with HDMI eARC, 4K decision at 120Hz, auto low latency mode (ALLM), and variable refresh price (VRR), which will likely be added through a firmware replace later this 12 months.
That is along with an enormous array of options, like Dolby Imaginative and prescient, Dolby Atmos, IMAX Enhanced, a backlit aluminum distant with voice management, and Acoustic Floor Audio+.
Sony’s good TVs have used Google’s Android TV software program for a number of years, however this 12 months, they get the brand new Google TV interface, which Google debuted on its $50 Chromecast with Google TV streaming media system. Google TV provides a layer of content material curation, personalization, and suggestions out of your streaming companies for a extra interactive house display screen expertise. Together with apps for the same old suspects like Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video, Sony Bravia patrons additionally get unique entry to Bravia Core, a streaming service that makes use of credit for film and TV present leases and purchases.
An ATSC 3.0 (NextGen TV) tuner means you’ll be capable of get the very best free over-the-air content material with out a separate set-top field.
Try our in-depth Sony Bravia XR Grasp Sequence A90J evaluation.
- 83-inch A90J OLED TV: $8,000, accessible for pre-order in Might 2021
- 65-inch A90J OLED TV:
- 55-inch A90J OLED TV:
2021 Bravia XR A80J 4K OLED TV
The A80J has a ton of similarities to the A90J — so many, in actual fact, that it’s simpler to level out the place these two OLED fashions differ:
- The A90J has Sony’s latest and brightest OLED panel, whereas the A80J doesn’t get fairly as vibrant (although it’s nonetheless glorious).
- The A90J and A80J each use Sony’s Acoustic Floor Audio+, which turns the OLED panel right into a speaker, however the A80J has half the facility (30 watts versus 60 watts), and you’ll’t use the A80J as a middle channel speaker to your audio/visible receiver.
- Each TVs have Google Assistant, however solely the A90J permits you to use the A.I. hands-free. The A80J requires that you just press a button on the distant.
- Talking of the distant, the A90J will get a fairly fancy aluminum mannequin with backlighting, whereas the A80J is a extra standard type.
- 77-inch A80J: $4,500, accessible for pre-order now
- 65-inch A80J:
- 55-inch A80J:
2021 Bravia XR X95J Full Array 4K Google TV
Sony’s top-of-the-line 4K LED TV provides virtually each characteristic discovered on its flagship Z9J 8K LED TV, making it a tech tour de power that’s a bit extra reasonably priced for individuals who don’t want 8K decision.
The highlights embody:
- Cognitive Processor XR
- XR sound, coloration, distinction, readability, and movement
- Three-way adjustable stand
- Android TV that includes Google TV, Google Assistant, and Chromecast
- Apple AirPlay 2, HomeKit, and Apple TV app
- Fingers-free voice instructions
- 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs with help for VRR, ALLM, eARC, and 4K at 120Hz
- ATSC 3.0 (NextGen TV) tuner
- 85-inch X95J: $4,500, accessible for pre-order in summer time 2021
- 75-inch X95J: $3,000, accessible for pre-order in summer time 2021
- 65-inch X95J: Worth TBA, accessible for pre-order in late summer time 2021
2021 Bravia X90J and X92J Full Array 4K Google TV
All the brand new Cognitive Processor XR applied sciences that Sony has packed into is OLED TVs for 2021 are additionally accessible on this 4K LED TV mannequin, however for significantly much less cash.
You’ll discover all the most recent requirements on the X90J, together with help for the total HDMI 2.1 specification, with options like ALLM, VRR, eARC, and 4K at 120Hz. HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Imaginative and prescient compatibility imply you’ll all the time be capable of get pleasure from HDR content material, and the brand new Google TV interface helps you get probably the most out of Android TV’s streaming choices, with curated suggestions and personalised choices for what to stream subsequent.
With Chromecast and Apple AirPlay, you’ll have two nice selections on the subject of screen-sharing out of your different units. In the meantime, you may management all of the motion together with your voice because of hands-free entry to Google Assistant.
XR Encompass and XR Sound Place applied sciences improve immersion and realism by making dialog seem to come back straight from on-screen faces and giving all of your film and TV soundtracks the 3D impact of top and width.
- 100-inch Bravia X92J Google TV: $20,000, accessible for pre-order in summer time 2021
- 75-inch Bravia X90J Google TV: $2,600, accessible for pre-order now
- 65-inch Bravia X90J Google TV:
- 55-inch Bravia X90J Google TV:
- 50-inch Bravia X90J Google TV:
2021 X85J 4K Google TV
As a step-down mannequin from the X95J and X90J, the X85J nonetheless boasts glorious image high quality however makes use of Sony’s previous-generation X1 Final image processor as a substitute of the newer Cognitive Processor XR.
However regardless of this, Sony has nonetheless loaded the X85J with tons of options:
- Full HDMI 2.1 help, with 4K at 120Hz on all 4 HDMI ports
- Dolby Imaginative and prescient, Dolby Atmos, HDR10, and HLG
- Android TV with Google TV, together with Google Assistant and Chromecast
- Apple AirPlay 2, HomeKit, and Apple TV app
- ATSC 3.0 (NextGen TV) tuner
- 85-inch X85J: $3,200, accessible for pre-order in Might 2021
- 75-inch X85J:: $2,200, accessible for pre-order on April 26, 2021
- 65-inch X85J: $1,600, accessible for pre-order in Might 2021
- 55-inch X85J: $1,200, accessible for pre-order in Might 2021
- 50-inch X85J: $1,000, accessible for pre-order in Might 2021
- 43-inch X85J: $900, accessible for pre-order in Might 2021
2021 X80J 4K Google TV
The X80J is one among Sony’s extra attainable 4K LED TV fashions, with sizes that vary from 43 to 75 inches. Many of the onboard applied sciences are unchanged from final 12 months’s X800H, together with Sony’s glorious 4K HDR Processor X1 , which not solely does a stellar job of creating HDR photographs pop but additionally handles upscaling non-4K content material brilliantly, so you may get pleasure from all of your content material in near-4K high quality.
What has been upgraded is the X80J’s coloration, now powered by Sony’s Triluminos Professional show. Making a return are Dolby Imaginative and prescient, HDR10, Dolby Atmos, DTS, Apple HomeKit, Apple AirPlay 2, and Chromecast. The most important distinction will likely be noticeable on the 43-inch mannequin, which strikes from an edge-lit backlight to a direct-style backlight — the identical type that’s used on the bigger sizes.
Like the opposite TVs in Sony’s 2021 lineup, the X80J will get Android TV with the Google TV interface for extremely personalized and personalised streaming content material curation. It’s additionally future-proofed with the inclusion of an ATSC 3.0 (NextGen TV) tuner.
- 75-inch X80J Google TV: $1,700, accessible for pre-order on April 26, 2021
- 65-inch X80J Google TV:
- 55-inch X80J Google TV:
- 50-inch X80J Google TV:
- 43-inch X80J Google TV: